Mucci (the 3rd grade team leader) and I were the only ones to attend the school's Christmas party. She snapped this pic to send to our team as in "you're missing out!" :)
Rylee had three chorus performances. We had a bit of a fashion emergency before the first one. We tried on her dress from last year and it was too small - she's grown so much I should have realized. Gaga had to go on a frantic search for us the next day since Rylee's first school performance was on Wednesday. She was able to find this skirt and shirt (which she wore for the school shows).
Gaga kept looking for a dress though and found this adorable one for the parent performance. Thank you personal shopper Gaga! I don't know what Rylee would have worn without you!
As always, the parents were so rude. I'd like to know if this is how parents behave everywhere or just South Florida (which could be the rudest place on the planet). The people in front of us not only video taped the whole thing, but with their hands over their heads so they were blocking our entire view. Luckily, I could move my head so I could see Rylee, but I couldn't see the rest of the choir. Other people talked through the whole performance and others let their kids run around the cafe playing tag. But it was a lovely performance and Rylee did great on her speaking role.
After the show with Nico and Emily...
Ry and Em...
With the siblings...
Jace had a pajama day for his class party. If you're wondering why he's giving me the thumbs up pose, it was because I got it right this time. Geez, you send your kid (Rylee) to school in her pajamas on the wrong day one time, and they never let you forget it. Lol!
They had waffles and ice cream. Here he is with Oliver.
No pics from Rylee's class party, but Emily's mom did send some pics from their field trip to the Frost Museum the second to last day before break.
Alani, Rylee, Emily, Maria, Hailey
The last day was early release, and our principal let us leave right after the students, so I took the kids to the museum after school. It was ugly sweater day...
Meanwhile, Papa was at our house mowing the grass and waiting while Rio got groomed. Thanks Papa!
That night, the kids went to Diane's for what I thought was a cookie decorating party, but really turned out to be a cookie exchange. Doh! My unfrosted sugar cookies didn't look too impressive. It turns out you should always click on pictures that come in texts, because in the message it cuts off the top and bottom of the picture. If I would have clicked on the picture I would have clearly seen the words cookie exchange! Mom fail! (Though not as bad as the pajama day incident.)
Diane, being the sweetie that she is, decided to make frosting and let the kids decorate the cookies after all - which Rylee said was super fun so you're welcome everyone. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment