Sunday, July 2, 2023

May Events - Jace's Dance

**First, I should give both my kids a shout out.  May is testing season and they both had lots of state tests and finals which they worked hard studying for.  Rylee even had a couple of tutoring sessions with Meg (via Zoom) to prepare for her Algebra exam.  They did great on everything too!**

Like Rylee, Jace had an end of year dance.  Unlike Rylee, he had a date!  He didn't even tell me for a few days, but then one day he says, "I forgot to tell you, but I asked Lilou to the dance."  What?!  Apparently, it went down after recess.  He asked, "Are you going to the dance?"  She said yes.  He asked, "Would you like to go to the dance with me?"  She said yes!  All the boys had been taking about asking girls to the dance, but as far as I know most of them chickened out.  I only knew of 3 boys that had dates and Jace was one of them!  Jace said he was excited, but nervous.  Aww!

**Speaking of dances, I forgot to mention that Jon was one of the chaperones for the mother son dance.  We needed the dads to step up and chaperone so the moms could actually have fun!  Lol. Also, the DJ that night was horrible.  But one of the Dad's that was chaperoning is a professional DJ and he just jumped in and took over.  Then it was a blast!  The PTA made sure to hire him for the 5th grade dance.  DJs are important.  Although Rylee loved the 8th grade dance, the DJ wasn't the best.  They all joked, "Who's quinceanera is this?"  Lol.  There was a lot of latin music and he didn't play any of the songs the dance committee had selected.  Not that it mattered in their case, they all danced anyway.**

Well anyway... the day of the dance, Jace and I stopped to buy Lilou some flowers.  Jace picked out some pretty pink carnations.  He decided to only give her one so it would be easier for her.



Jon dropped Jace off since I was chaperoning.
Jace had said that was okay as long as I didn't 
get in the way of him and Lilou!



When Lilou arrived, Jace walked right up to her and gave her the flower.
She really seemed to like it.  She basically had it in her hand the whole night!
I was worried her mom might be upset, but she loved it.
The kids even let us take photos.




They did things together and they did things apart.
They even danced with each other a couple of times!
(Her mom got these and shared with me.
I kept my promise and mostly stayed away.)




I hope Jace's taste in girls is always this good.
Lilou is so sweet!  
I would love for him to have a girlfriend like her... in the future.  Lol!



I take credit for the two of them getting together.
I sat them next to each other in my class.  :)

No comments: