Thurs - Gaga, Rylee, Jace and I went garage saling in Brainerd (Jace loves it now too), then worked our way up to Crosslake for dinner: Rafferty's pizza!
Fri - baking in preparation for my aunt's funeral, visit with Penney, the kids played in the sprinkler, Star Wars Episode IV
Sat - we all attended my aunt's funeral
Pat was my dance instructor for most of my life and she was able to teach Rylee these past several years. I am so thankful that Rylee got to know her. She was taken from us too soon. Her funeral was beautiful and such a perfect reflection of the life she lived - lots of singing and dancing!
After the funeral pics
Sun - lazy day: 4 wheel races and obstacle courses, board games, Papa taught the kids the quarter elbow flip trick!, Star Wars Episode V
Mon - dance with Jillian (Pat's daughter), the kids spent the night with Papa since my Mom and I went to a painting class (we painted birch trees) with Sara, Sharon and Penney (just to name a few).
This was the night that I went downstairs to find a note on my bedroom door that read: "your kids are in here." Sure enough, my bed was occupied by two sleeping children! I didn't want to wake them so I ended up sleeping on Jace's bottom bunk in the kids room. Lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment