Thursday, January 3, 2019

Dec - Fun and Games

Fun was had at school and after.  First, Jace had field day (relay races and and such).  I stopped by to check it out, but didn't get to see any events.  But I did get to see him with his friend, Brooklyn.  :)



Then, we had our last day at the museum with Maddan and her family.




The dads even came.  It was Jon's first time seeing the museum.  He was impressed. 
Watching the kids lounging around in the light room.



After the kids played, we all went to Chick Fil-A.  



I think we stayed there for 2 hours, we were having so much fun.  
We are so sad that Maddan and her family moved.  We will miss them!

But December wasn't all fun and games.  Remember the vomit incident at the choir concert?  Well the morning after the above picture, Rylee woke up with 103 degree fever.  (As did Madden and Nico two of the other kids pictured in the choir post).  Rylee stayed in bed all that day and Sunday.  Luckily, Netflix dropped the new season of Fuller House so she had that to binge watch.

Jace's 103 fever started on Monday morning so both kids could be sick together.  Their fevers continued all that week so they both missed the last week of school before break.  Jace missed a field trip and his class party.  Rylee missed her field day and her class party.

Jon and I alternated taking days off work (Mon - Wed) and Gaga watched the kids on Thursday and Friday.  Luckily, it never spread to any of us adults.

One cute thing: Jace's class exchanged Christmas cards and Jace had taken the time to write a personal message in each card (I guess no one else did that).  His friends were so touched and they missed him so much, that his teacher let them make special cards for him.  He read them at home and it really brightened his day.  The messages were so heartfelt and cute!  We will treasure those forever!

Speaking of the cards Jace wrote.  Look what he wrote in Brooklyn's card:



It was so sweet (and funny) that I had to take a picture!


No comments: