Friday, October 4, 2019

August Recap - School & the Rest

The first couple months of school have been busy ones - I'm finally getting around to catching up on the blog.

The weekend before school, I got us all tickets to Monster Jam.  Apparently when I picked out our seats, I got us the second row - who knew?!  You could choke on the exhaust and dust, but at least there was no complaining about not being able to see.  Lol!




I'm pretty sure we lounged by the pool on Sunday.  I know the kids were with Diane and the girls on Monday, but I don't remember what adventure they had.  Tuesday was sneak a peak and then the kids had a fun day with Jon.

Wednesday was the first day of school.  2nd grade for Jace, 5th for Rylee, and a move to 3rd grade for me.  



Jace has the same 2nd grade teacher as Rylee and lots of friends from last year in his class.  Rylee loves 5th grade.  She has two teachers and switches half way through the day.  She and her bestie, Emily, are in the same class again.  K-5 together all the way.  They were so excited!



I'm still team teaching with Alexis, but we looped with our class to 3rd grade this year.  Here is our new team.  :)



The first week was short and pretty low key.  We celebrated on Friday by going to the museum with Susie.



Random August pics:

Rio had surgery to get some of her growths removed (I'll spare you the bloody details).  She had to wear a cone for a few weeks and had to be watched 24/7 the first weekend.  Rylee took her turn on babysitting duty watching Rio while she napped by the front door.  :)


Jace is obsessed with pokemon right now.  Here he is showing off his new pokemon shirt while playing pokemon with me.  :)



College spirit day was one of our first Fun Fridays.  
Rylee wore her St. Thomas shirt in honor of Meg!



I sported my BSU tshirt.  :)



The rest of August was a busy blur.  :)



No comments: