Jon and I started dating (going out... going steady... I can't remember what we called it then) 20 years ago today. We had been flirting all Fall and hanging out regularly over holiday break.
That was the Christmas where I drove my snowmobile into a barbed wire fence and sliced open the under side of my chin. I was lucky it wasn't my neck and that I didn't decapitate myself! Jon must have felt sorry for me because he started driving his snowmobile over to see me almost every day (since neither of us had our driver's licences yet!).
We had our first official date on New Year's Eve. We watched a movie at his house. We were pretty much inseparable after that, but it wasn't until Jan 29th that Jon asked me to "go together." Jon thinks that's what we called it... I had to ask him. :)
Sorry, Jon, for any razzing you're going to take at work, but I thought 20 years was worth mentioning on the blog. Love you! :)
3 comments:
Congratulations! That is wonderful! Good for you guys!
20 years is pretty impressve! Congrats!
Just think, Rylee could be 20 years old and in college... :)
Congrats on the time together. That is very impressive. You can pick up the line my mom used to always say (and still does) about being a Polich longer than a Rinde (well, my mom is a Sladky longer than a Berger but you get the picture).
Post a Comment