These last couple of weeks have been busy for Jace...
He got his first tooth (top left) so I joked that he wanted his two front teeth for Christmas. I guess he really did - the top right just started to break through. Right now he looks like Mater (from Cars) with one big tooth and one little tooth when he smiles. Adorable!
He had started sitting up, but was still toppling over once in a while. Now he sits up for as long as he wants and can even roll down to his tummy (much more graceful than the toppling) when he wants to crawl away...
...which is all the time! He's only doing the army crawl so far (although he's practicing getting up on his knees) but he sure is fast! His favorite things to crawl to are: the TV/stereo volume knob, the dog's water dish, and the open dishwasher. Luckily, Rylee is on Jace patrol. She grabs him by the ankles and drags him away from all the no no's. Jace thinks it is a great ride!
He's been saying "da da" for a while and just a few days ago, he started saying "ma ma!" He likes to really over-enunciate the m's so sometimes it sounds like "mum-mum" but I'll take it. Right now he mostly uses my name in two ways: when someone else is holding him and he's looking for me and when I'm feeding him his baby food. Apparently I never shovel it in fast enough, because he yells at me between each bite. :)
His one (slightly-annoying) new skill is screaming like a pterodactyl. He's most vocal at dinnertime. He really wants to eat with us and he lets us know it!
There you have it - that's Jace (month 7)! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment