Thursday, December 20, 2012

Papa Visit - Week 1

I haven't been on the blogs since my Dad arrived.  We've been too busy having fun - not a bad problem to have!  :)

Thurs - Papa arrived (Rylee was disappointed that she couldn't meet him at the airport, but she did get to run to him outside), both my Mom and Jon were busy that night so my Dad had dinner with me and the kids

Fri- breakfast at Gaga's, relaxing day, delicious kabob dinner by the pool

Sat- Jon watched Jace so the rest of us could go to Lion Country Safari.  Of all the things Rylee loves about this place, her favorite might be that she can ride in the car but not be strapped in her car seat - such a novelty!  We saw the cutest baby zebra and fed the giraffes.  Rylee also had a blast riding the rides and playing a few holes of mini golf (she managed a par 3 - lucky girl). The weather was perfect (overcast and not too hot) and Rylee was a peach during the hour car ride up and back, playing her iXL the whole time (it was a true Christmas miracle).

Sun - We all went bowling in the morning.  I was extremely rusty so Rylee almost beat me my first game.  In the end, I managed to break a hundred (barely).  The boys went to the bar to watch the game so the rest of us hung out at Gaga's.

Mon- Monkey Joes (bounce house), Rylee's dance class, pizza from the place next door (they conveniently offer a 2 for 1 on Monday nights)

Tues- Gaga and Papa had a day to themselves, the kids and I went to Ooopsy, did our grocery shopping, and caught up on some chores.  That night Jon volunteered to watch Jace again so we could go look at Christmas lights (we have two amazing places a few miles from us, both of which have been featured nationally, plus we drove through Tradewinds Park and also a couple of other neighborhoods that are known for good light displays).

Wed- The kids and I went to Rylee's library class and then we all spent the afternoon at out house.  Gaga and I baked fudge and other goodies while Papa and Rylee played in the kiddie pool (the big pool is officially too cold for Rylee!).

Today- Jace had a doctor appt so I dropped Rylee off at Gaga and Papa's.  Afterwards, Papa babysat the kids while my Mom and I ran a few errands.  We were all supposed to go Christmas light gawking again, but Jon was at basketball and Jace was too tired.  My parents ended up babysitting so Rylee and I could go to those two fancy places again (there was a snow (read: foam) machine tonight so Rylee had fun with that).

No comments: