Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jace @ 9 1/2 Months

Jace had his checkup today (technically it's his 10 month check up) but they did it early since we will be leaving for MN in 9 days (but I digress).  Here are his stats...

Height: 29 inches (? percentile*)
Weight: 20 lbs 14 oz (52nd percentile)

*He measured 29 inches or more at his last visit so they had to re-measure to make sure he hadn't shrunk! In the process, I never got his percentile for height, but I know it dropped from 80th to high 60th range.

In more exciting news, over the last couple of weeks Jace officially moved from army crawling to traditional crawling. He's a little slower at the traditional crawl so (in theory) we have more time to grab him before he gets into things (doesn't always work in practice though!).

He dropped his two other top teeth (his left is currently down more than his right). I think the other bottom two are ready to start poking through as well - all the better to chew his food with. Right now, he's sampling anything we eat that he can handle texture-wise (fruits, pancakes, waffles, breads, crackers etc.) The other night had some roast, mashed potatoes and cooked carrots. He didn't much care for the mashed potatoes. What is it with both my children and mashed potatoes - they were like one of my favorite foods as a child?!

I'll leave you with two pics.  Rylee (and Jace) in her first-ever face paint.  I think the paint made her cheeks tight so she couldn't smile as this was the expression she wore pretty much the whole day afterward.  :)



As promised, Jace @ 9 1/2 Months...
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the happy, full mouth open, smile on Jace. He looks so excited!

The little dude is growing up fast. Good thing we have those other couples brewing babies to keep some little ones around.