Friday, February 15, 2013

Rainy Valentine's Day

Yesterday's photo session was such a success that I decided to try again today.   Rylee was decked out in her Valentine's best and wanted to show off her ponytail braid...

 
 
Jace was wearing an interesting combo of gym shorts and polo shirt (the only things red and remotely coordinated in his clean wardrobe).  Luckily he's cute enough to pull off even the stupidest things I dress him in.
 
 
Jace was giddy when he first received his Valentine's card (not so much so later when he discovered that he wasn't meant to eat it).
 


 
 
 
I made the kids pink heart-shaped pancakes for Valentine's breakfast.  The batter was pepto bismal pink!  They turned a little orange-y upon baking, but the edges and middle remained pinkish.  Rylee loved them! To make them more guy-like I only served Jace the scrap pieces.  :)
Jace kind of got the shaft as far as Valentine's goes.  Rylee got three little arts and crafts gifts which we worked on throughout the day, but I didn't have anything for Jace.  Sorry dude!  I'll make it up to you next year.  It doesn't look like he's holding any sibling grudge though.
 
 
 
Our big Valentine's outing was kind of a bust.  Jon and I took the kids to a carnival, but we got rained out after only an hour or so.  We never even got to eat any fair food (except the cotton candy Rylee begged for).  We ended up hitting Wendy's drivethru on the way home since we were too wet and cold to go in anywhere and eat.  It wasn't the best  - Jon's coke tasted like charge and the fries were mushy and cold.
 
At least Rylee had a blast while we were at the carnival.  They were running a Valentine's special that if one person paid for the ride, another could ride free.  Since we only had the one kid riding, I immediately looked for another family with one kid so we could buddy up.  We met the nicest family and hung out together the whole time we were there.  Their daughter was also named Riley, was born on Sept 2nd (Ry is Sept 6th), the Dad's name was John and they were from Minnesota!  I joked that if the Mom's name was Shannon then it was going to be too much.  It wasn't - her name was Amanda, but her sister's name is Shannon.  :)  The girls got along great and rode tons of rides and played some games during one of the drizzles.  We were sad to leave when the downpour came. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad it was a fun day! The kid pics are cute!