That Sunday was my parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary! Congrats again, you two! We celebrated with a big breakfast and dinner at Rafferty's. I know I'm a bad daughter.
Monday was hanging with the ladies (Kathy, Lilly, Kelli, Kari) and Rylee's last MN dance class.
Tuesday we baked cookies for Big Grandpa Bob and Rylee bravely went swimming off the pontoon with the ladies. I say bravely because I wasn't there and because it was freezing!
Wednesday was the last summer library session (a musical one to boot - Jace was a riot!) and dinner with Kathy, Lilly and Sara.
Thursday, my Dad and I took the kids plus Megan and Max to the Fair. The kids had a blast on the rides even though we missed the cutoff for ride bracelets by 5 minutes (don't get me started!) and Rylee got knocked down and skinned her knee (which required band aids and a $5 pink monkey from the balloon/dart pop game to soothe).
Heather, Vern and my Mom met us for dinner and more rides. It was an expensive trip, but very fun in the end!
Friday's highlights were a visit with Big Grandpa Bob and a ladies only pontoon ride (me, Rylee & Gaga).
We spent a lovely morning and lunch with Grandpa Chip and had one final happy hour with the "Cedar Crest crew" minus Dave and Tanya. Max and Rylee were again King and Queen of happy hour. I even saw Max bow and take Rylee's had when he thought no one was looking!
Sunday and Monday were mostly packing days for me. Howard and Lilly came up so Lilly could play with the kids and have one last goodbye. Sara came to keep me company and have dinner one last time too. My parents put the bounce house up for the kids to play in and we all took one last pontoon ride together. It was a fitting end to our fabulous trip.
I am truly thankful to Jon for letting the kids and I go Up North for so long. It was a truly magical time with my Dad retiring, my parent's new house, and all the family and friends that we were able to reconnect with. Love you, Jon!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment