Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rylee's 5th Birthday!

We had a great birthday weekend here.  Rylee turned 5 on Friday.  I still can't believe it - 5 already!She had the day off from school on Thursday so she entertained Jace while I cleaned the house and then helped me decorate for her party on Saturday.  What a big girl (and truly awesome big sister) she's become. 
Friday morning, Jon and I both woke her up as is our tradition.  After Jon left for work, she weaseled a present out of me.  I picked the one she should open since I knew it would keep her busy that afternoon (I had a lot of pre-party baking that I needed to get done). 
I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to bring cupcakes in at school or not (long story), but when we got there in the morning, I was given the okay.  Jace and I dropped the birthday girl off and then went to buy our cupcakes before their snack time.  It turned out not to be as easy as an endeavor as I had hoped (another long story - let's just say poor Jace was in and out of his car seat 13 times between 8:30 and 12:00  - what a trooper!), but we made it back in time with cupcakes in hand. 
Jace and I got to stay for Rylee's school party which was fun.  It's the first time I've really seen all her classmates together.  The kids were very sweet and cute and they loved the cupcakes (the ones I bought ended up looking almost exactly like the milk-free one I made for Rylee so that was nice).  She was loving all the attention. 
During Jace's nap, I got a jump on my baking while Rylee colored her craft gift that she had opened.  As soon as Jon came home, she wanted to open the rest of her presents of course.  Here's a photo montage of present opening:
Posing for a quick picture...
 
 
 
Present opening...
 


Jace - amusing himself by eating his snack chicken-style
(I wish I could say this was his first time eating like this)...
 



A spontaneous hug for the Octonaut gift Jace picked out for his sister...
 



I don't know why this picture cracks me up...
 



FaceTime with Gaga and Papa...
 



The overall consensus about her gifts....
 



Ahhh, love...
 
 
 
That night Rylee got to pick her favorite dinner (Jon's homemade grill pizza) and of course sang and ate cupcakes and all that.  I got some video, but not any photos.  I remember Jon and Rylee had Jace laughing hysterically during some cupcake antics!  All in all, it was a great night.
We love you so much Rylee!  Happy 5th Birthday!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jess said...

The pic of them both holding toys in packaging in front of their faces is great!