Thursday, October 9, 2014

Packing/ Unpacking & Papa

I spent over three hours packing that Sunday before I had an emotional breakdown and decided that we couldn't leave.  Looking back, I'm not surprised that I couldn't go.  I hadn't seen my Dad in person since the night of his accident.  He'd had three surgeries in 9 days.  We were all still complete wrecks! 

Luckily, Jon was very supportive of the decision.  If he had known how bad things were going to get with Rio, he may have reconsidered.  He's been a trooper for sure taking care of her all alone and just missing the kids etc.  We all appreciate his sacrifice.  Love you, babe!  :)

On August 6th, my Mom and I drove down to St Paul to pick up my Dad.  He hadn't had anything other than cleanout surgeries at that point (compound fractures are dirty and infectious), but they needed the swelling to go down before they could even think about fixing his breaks.  Megan & Ginny babysat the kids and decorated the house for Papa's arrival - how sweet!

I didn't get Papa's huge x-fit cast in the picture.  He was so worried that the kids would be grossed out by the pins sticking out everywhere, but as you can see Jace snuggled right up for some Paw Patrol.  :)


No comments: