Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rylee Firsts - Part 1

I've officially given up on trying to keep my blog in some semblance of chronological order.  I still have lots to blog about from Aug and Sept, and I will get to that as time permits, but I don't want to miss out on what's happening now either.  Like...

Rylee lost her first tooth last Tuesday night!  It had been wiggling for a while (we actually thought it might come out before school picture day, but it held on).  I had called and talked to Rylee's dentist the day before because her tooth was coming in behind the baby tooth and didn't look like it was close enough to push the tooth out.  They suggested that Rylee would have to do the work herself.  She was showing me and Gaga her progress that night and when she pushed the tooth forward and then back, I saw part of the root come out and it started to bleed.  I knew we had to just pull it the rest of the way out, but honestly, wiggly teeth kind of give me the creeps.  Involuntary shiver!  We really could have used Jon in this situation!  But I persevered, and pulled it out!  Yea, me!  I mean, yea Rylee!  :)

 
There were some tears over the blood, but that quickly faded away to excitement.  We were supposed to leave for Rylee's first Girl Scout meeting like 5 minutes after the tooth came out, but that didn't happen.  All Rylee wanted to do was Skype with Daddy and try to surprise him with her tooth news.  Under the guise of wishing Rio an early Happy Birthday (Happy 12th Birthday to Rio by the way!), we tried and tried to get Skype to work at my parents, but our wifi was being temperamental. &#$?!

We finally ended up driving to Ginny's house to steal their wifi and were able to Skype with Daddy (& Rio - we really did sing her Happy Birthday).  We didn't surprise Jon much though.  I guess he didn't think we would expel that much effort for Rio's birthday Skype and knew that something else must be up!  :)
Rylee wanted Daddy to see her tooth so she took a page out of a Super Why episode and wrote the tooth fairy a letter to see if she could keep her tooth. 

 
In the morning, she found her money and her tooth was still there too.  Whew!



 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: