One funny story: Jace is terrified of rain. If he see's grey clouds, he doesn't want to go outside. If one drop of rain falls on him, he flies to the house like someone shot him out of a cannon. So the day of Zoee's party was a literal monsoon. We were all sitting in Jon's truck in the Target parking lot waiting for it to let up so we could go in and pick her out a present, when Jace says: "Mom, I think we could make it if we took the umbrella." All three of us looked at him incredulously. Me: "Wow, Jace, you really must love this girl if you're thinking of going outside in this weather!" I didn't really know how much Zoee meant to him until that moment! :)
Anyway, back to MN. I didn't really start taking pictures or using my good camera until later in June, but I have a few cell pics so let the recap begin....
Tues- travel day, Gaga and Papa picked us up in Mpls
Wed - vacation bible school (VBS) Jace's first year!, outdoor play, sprinkler fun
Thurs - VBS, Deerwood park
Quick Story: We had planned to go Rafferty's that night, but I fainted at the park! I think I burst a cyst. Luckily, I could tell that I was hurting and not feeling quite right so I was on the phone with my Mom when it happened. One minute I was talking to her, the next I was coming to in the mulch with Jace above me saying "Mommy?" and my mom's voice over the phone saying "Shannon, are you alright?" We gave Rylee a lot of crap about it this summer since she never once came over to check on me. In her defense, she said she thought I was resting or taking a nap. Cause I often just lay down at the park! Lol!
Fri - VBS, Meg and Max came for the kid's practice performance (below) and spent the afternoon playing with the kids, Heather and Vern joined us for happy hour
Sat - Father's Day crafting, we picked up my soul sister, Sara, for Brainerd errands, Rafferty's pizza, and an evening visit
Sun - VBS performance at church, Father's Day lunch with Grandpa Chip and Connie, Father's Day dinner with Papa and the Johnston/Erickson "Cedar Crest Crew"
I took some cute videos of the kids performing their bible school songs at church, but no photos. This is what they wore though. You'll have to take my word for it that they both did a great job! Lol!
Mon - John Wayne movie day in honor of Great Grandpa DuWayne's birthday: "North to Alaska," dance with Jillian at the remodeled studio (it's so great!), we purchased another apple tree, and ended the night with "McLintock"
No comments:
Post a Comment