Saturday, December 26, 2020

July: Storytime

2020 was a good year for organizing and cleaning.  I had gone through my house in FL in the Spring so I decided to also go through our rooms at my mom's house in MN.  I started with our bedrooms, but eventually made it to our bathroom in early July.

When I was organizing our bathroom closet, specifically this bin, I made an interesting discovery!



Flash back several years, it might even have been the year my Dad fell off the roof and broke his leg, which was when Rylee was in Kindergarten, because that was the last time I can remember my parents being home in MN in the wintertime (not including this quarantine year).  

Well anyway, as Peggy Meyer used to say to get her stories back on track, one day my mom went out to her car and when she put her hand on the steering wheel she noticed that her diamond band was missing.  She looked everywhere.  She thought that the ring fell off when she was outside and even had friends come out with their metal detectors - twice!

Well now the mystery has been semi-solved, because when I cleaned out that bin, I found the ring!  

If you're a logical person, you can assume that somehow the ring fell off when my mom was folding towels and that somehow the ring flew into the bin when the kids and I later used those towels.  

If, however, you're a more spiritual person like me, I believe the ring was left for me to find.  We had just been talking about that story the day before and miraculously the ring appeared in one of the places I was cleaning.  So thanks spirits for moving the ring so I could find it!  :)



No comments: