I'm behind on blogging and Jon is bugging me to post about some of Rylee's firsts yesterday:
First word: Dada - I dispute this one a little bit. She says Mama too, but she does prefer Dada. To me it doesn't really feel like a word yet since she says it more as a sound. Now when she actually uses it to call one of us...
First sit up: she was lying on her stomach, kind of pushed into the crawl position, then into a side sitting position and then up. I almost captured the whole thing on video, but of course I missed the last part (which was the most important!). Argh!
First tooth: Again, I'm calling it a tooth tip. You can feel it along her lower gum if you run your finger across it, but you can't see it. I need to "see a tooth" before I'll really call it a first (but then I'm picky).
Still pretty exciting though. Yeah Rylee!
6 comments:
Way to go Rylee! Sounds like Dada might need to start his own blog if he has to keep bugging Mama to blog about Daddy's Little Girl! :)
Great firsts! The sitting up on her own is a big one that although not the most exciting to watch, will make your life easier.
I received the first cold shoulder from Miller today. He went to Ryan and didn't want to hug or come to me before he left for DC. I told him that's one less b-day present from me if he keeps that up. ;)
Just wanted to add she has been so good this week while I have had full day care. She sits and plays so great. I am treading the change to full out crawling...(so much harder on these old bones...) But it is exciting all the same. Look out Grandpa...she is going to be a pip by the time she gets to MN.
Those are exciting firsts!
Yikes, talking, crawling and teeth, oh my. Next thing you know she will want to go to cheer camp and the Jonas Brothers concert. Too bad you are not in Colorado. Rylee could come get her rock star hair done. Hannah Montana is all about the wig.
Catching up on my reading. Another thing kindergartners and 5th graders have in common, they both think farts are halarious! (Come to think of it so do I.)
Post a Comment