Hi all. Sorry no blogging this week. Between lesson planning and grading, I've been working way more than I'd like. One more week of that and then I'm back to a more regular schedule. (Yep, two weeks of working 7 am - 9 pm is enough for me right now.) Good news is: I am all caught up as of last night so no work for me this weekend - yeah!
Just in time too. Today is day one of my Mom's two day 60th birthday celebration (her bday is the 27th). They won't be back to back so we're not totally in keeping with her teenage "lie" (you all know the story by now I'm sure), but we always do what we can to make it the "truth."
Day one is an all day shopping excursion so I'm guessing I won't have time to catch up on blogs today either. I know I'm missing out on really hilarious stuff from all of you. Don't worry I'm setting aside some catch up time on Sunday (I always go back and read from where I left off!).
In Rylee news, she can "officially" hold her own bottle now. She used to drop it or struggle when it got down to the end, but she really mastered it earlier this week (which is why I have time to type right now - feed yourself child!). She also learned to gargle the milk in her mouth. She thinks that's pretty entertaining. And she's added a new sound effect to the mix: a growly monster sound. I'll try to capture it on video some day!
Lastly, a couple quick observations about 5th graders:
They are much the same as Kindergartners. They have the same disputes (sharing for instance) and they handle them in much the same way (kicking each other!). The only difference is that they come in much larger and noisier packages... and giggle every time you say the word "sectionalism".
3 comments:
Too bad subbing has kept you so busy this week. But like you said, only one more week, so that's not bad.
Enjoy your all day shopping excursion!
Have fun shopping! If you are bored and want to do some chores...we will be working around the house this weekend.
Why in the world would you be saying the word "sectionalism" to a bunch of fifth graders?
Post a Comment