Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life of Leisure

My life of leisure will be coming to an end at least for the next 4 - 5 weeks. School called yesterday and needs me to sub in 5th grade for two weeks (yikes!) and then work in the Media Center for a couple more after that. They've made so many cuts that we've lost the media clerk who would have been working with me in the library next fall so I have to go in and learn her job quickly.

I'm still a go for subbing in the library next fall (at this point), but I'm starting to get nervous. As all these other teachers and aides are displaced, I don't want to get pushed out.

Times like these are when I so wish I was independently wealthy! :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll second that! Can't we all just be independently wealthy together? = )

Jess said...

Well, I hope your fall position will remain securely yours, and as for the next few weeks, it will be busy, but the pocket money will be sweet!

Carol said...

Good luck these next few weeks - take lots of notes on the library stuff since you will then have a long summer to forget everything you just learned! :) Yikes! That is a little intimidating, but like Jess said the extra money will be nice!

Erin said...

I just want a 40 hour work week. That would be leisurely for me.

Have fun, learn lots, and remember, when you come home at the end of the day, Rylee will be super happy to see you.