Monday, March 7, 2011

Rylee Speak

More Potty Humor
A week or so ago, Rylee was having some constipation issues. Jon and I were making sure to keep each other up to date on her poop status. A couple of times she had small poops - too small to be considered anything other than "sharts." I'm sure you're familiar with the term, but Rylee isn't. So later that same week, she came up to me and said: "Mommy, you need to change my diaper. There's a shark in there." :)

Storytime
Rylee loves making up her own stories lately. They always begin with "one ponce a time..." and usually involve a princess and a swimming pool.

Patient
To Rylee the word "patient" must mean quiet (since I usually tell her to be patient when she's making noise and fussing about something instead of waiting nicely). I figured this out when she told my Mom and I: "Shhh. Be patient. I'm watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." :)

Word Girl
Rylee has yet to get into the question "why?", but she loves "what does (blank) mean?" For instance, "what does 'noises' mean?" (prompted by a reading of Goodnight Moon) or "what does 'children' mean?" (prompted by a reading of Brown Bear, Brown Bear).

I love that she's so inquisitive, but I don't want her to loose her Rylee speak too soon. What will I blog about then?

3 comments:

MN Mom said...

Maybe the her stories about the princess and the pool have something to do with the sharks in her diaper?!

Jess said...

I love the "shark" in her diaper! Hilarious.

When it comes to kids and poop, it reminds me of when we got Scooter -- 5+ years ago. I'd called my brother and told him, excitedly, "We got a dog!" My brother's response: "Why? So that all your conversations can be about poop?"

And what was true with Scooter is true with kids: "Did he/she poop today? When? What did it look like?"

Rachel O'Donnell said...

one word to describe that post: Awwww!