Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend of Fun

We kicked off Spring Break week with some fun weekend activities. On Saturday, we took Rylee to Jungle Island so she could see lots of interesting animals like this cute little monkey. (He was in an open area that you can walk through so we were literally this close to him when we took the picture.)

 


She and Jon "fed" some fish. They didn't eat a single pellet she threw into the water, but she still thought it was pretty exciting. There's another pic I didn't publish of Jon making a thumbs down. He thought it was a waste of his 50 cents. :)

 


Rylee begged (literally begged) for me to pay the 5 bucks to go in and pet the baby kangaroos. Luckily, that turned out to be well worth the money. She kept saying, "gentle, gentle" every time she pet them. It was adorable!

 


This little Roo turned out to be her favorite. She scratched him/her for a very long time and even stroked its ears (which she observed were "very long and soft").

 
Posted by Picasa


Today, we had Miller, Norah and their parents over for some pool time and bbq. Sadly, I didn't think to get the camera out so I don't have any cute shots of the kiddos playing. You'll just have to take my word for it that they had fun! :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I was wondering where the kangaroo photos came from! That WAS worth $5...awesome shots!

Enjoy your spring break!

Jess said...

That sounds pretty fun! And $5 is well-worth it to pet kangaroos! At Busch Gardens, they have a "kangaroo encounter" but they restrict it from ages 5 and up, so Norah didn't get to do it there.

Erin said...

I want to pet the Kangaroo. The Busch Gardens age restriction is retarded. I figure Miller looks like a 5 year old, I will sneak him in next time :)

Thanks for the pool time. Miller had a blast.

Crissy Rae said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I would like to play with the kangaroos too. They are so tame!