Friday, March 16, 2012

100 Year Celebration

Today marked the Girl Scouts of America's 100th year.  My Grandma Elsie was an active leader/ founder/ council member/ President and overall Girl Scout rockstar for 55 years; my Mom and I are former girl scouts (or brownie in my case) and past leaders ourselves (not nearly as impressive as Grandma, I know); and I hope that Rylee will join in the future.  So, of course, we had to get to the mall early and wait in line to get one of the commemorative build-a-bears!

It was Rylee's first time actually making a bear: stuffing it, giving it a heart, grooming it, and making it's birth certificate.  Then she picked out her scout outfits.  The best part was that Gaga picked up the tab as part of Rylee's (early) Easter present.  :) 

Here is Elsie bear and all her loot:

 

Some closeups of the outfits.  Rylee wanted to be the photographer today so that's why she isn't in any of the pictures.  Too bad too - she looked adorable today in a plaid pastel skirt and shirt (very spring-y).

 


 

While we were there, Rylee and Gaga saw a Cars outfit and decided it would be a perfect gift  for the new baby.  My cousin, Lily, had given Rylee a build-a-monkey for her birthday so we already had something to dress up.  I was the assistant in this photo.  The monkey needed to stand up to show off his slippers!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crissy Rae said...

Really cute! I love Build a Bear, looks like so much fun. Glad Rylee enjoyed herself making her bear. Is she going to be a Girl Scout too?