Sorry I haven't had a chance to post all week, we've been enjoying our time with my Mom.
Rylee and I picked Gaga up at the airport on Sunday afternoon. The first thing Rylee said to me when she woke up that morning was: "we get to pick up Gaga today!" Then she proceeded to ask me if it was time to go to the airport every ten minutes for about six hours. While we were waiting at baggage claim, she complained: "I see a lot of Grandma's here, but none of them are my Gaga!" When she finally saw my Mom, she started jumping up and down and ran to her. My Mom had to throw her things down (including the dog) to catch Rylee in mid-air practically. :)
Monday was Rylee's "Gaga day." We went over before breakfast and hung out all day until her dance class. Rylee demanded Gaga make her a "dipping egg" since Daddy and I don't make them right. She's eaten at least one a day since to make up for her time without them!
We made Gaga come with us to Ooopsy on Tuesday. And then later, Rylee decided she wanted to go home with Gaga so Jon, Jace and I had the dinner hour to ourselves. We all agreed it was eerily quiet without Rylee around!
On Wednesday, Rylee decided we should all go to her favorite restaurant for breakfast: Ikea! She can only eat the bacon there, plus orange juice and a little fruit. What kid wouldn't love a breakfast of bacon?! - no wonder it's her favorite restaurant. (3 meals for under $6 makes it my favorite too - even if I have to give up my bacon to my daughter.)
We didn't get to see Gaga on Thursday since it was her book club night, but we did get to babysit Angel so Rylee deemed that acceptable.
Today, my Mom played with the kids over here so I could clean my house. It was delightful not to be interrupted every two minutes. Rylee also got Gaga to make her homemade dumpling soup - which she ate for lunch and dinner. (She also made Jon and I chicken spaghetti!)
We are so happy to have my Mom back for a couple of months. As Rylee said: "it's just better with Gaga here." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment