Rylee had a little pre-Thanksgiving assignment for her library class yesterday. She had to write what she was thankful for.
(in her words): "I'm thankful for Jesus, the stars shining on us, Mommy making me delicious food and Daddy too."
Rio, Jace and Gaga were all honorable mentions, but didn't make the list (because there wasn't much room to write!). Later, in the car, she talked about how she was thankful for the rest of her relatives and friends so if you're reading this you were probably included in that list. It was looooong... it kept her busy our whole drive!
Speaking of Jesus, I have to recount a funny tale from the dinner table last week. Rylee is pretty familiar with our dinner-time prayer so she asked to say grace all by herself. When she was finished and had said amen, she was so proud of herself that she reached over to Jon, gave him a fist bump and then they both blew it up. I burst out laughing. I've never seen an amen fist bump before! I think it could become a thing.
Speaking of Gaga, she arrives in 4 days! Rylee couldn't be more excited (and truthfully neither could I). We have missed her so much this Fall. See you soon, Mom! I hope you're excited to see the kids, because I'm so dumping them with you as soon as you get settled. You see, I've also been missing my babysitter! :)
1 comment:
Enjoy your mom's arrival!
Post a Comment