Monday, November 19, 2012

Just Jace

I haven't had a chance to blog about what Jace has been up to lately.   First off, he turned 6 months back on Nov 11!   Half a year down - already?!  :) 

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...
I had to post the following pictures because they remind me of ones I have of Rylee, except she was kissing herself in the mirror!  (Pardon the clothes drying rack in the background - it was laundry day.)
 

 
This one looks like "they" are conspiring against me!
 

Baby Scootin' Boogie
I already mentioned that Jace is steamrolling all around. Well the past couple of weeks he's added scooting to his repertoire. He pushes with his legs (and occasionally his face) if he's after something really good - like a stray dog toy. You thought I was going to say Rylee's toy? Oh no, his sister doesn't even let him look at any of those!

Chewbacca
Jace gave me his first kiss the other day.  He grabbed my face in his hands and sort of chewed on my cheek.  Considering that is what I do to him most of the time, he was spot on!  (I can't help it, look at those chewable cheeks!)

Foodie
Last week, we decided to try him on cereal again.  I wasn't having any luck feeding him so we brought in the big gun...

 
 
Even though he doesn't look like he's enjoying the flavor, Jace actually ate best for Rylee!  (In honor of Thanksgiving, this week he gets to try sweet potatoes.) 
 
 
Just the Facts
Below are his stats from his 6 month appt today.
Height: 28 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 18 lbs 6 oz (66th percentile)
He was a trooper at his appt again.  He didn't cry for his first shot, made a face for his second, and let out a little wail for the third.  He had finished crying by the time I picked him up and even managed to give the nurse a smile before she left.  He didn't make a peep when I ripped off his three bandaids.  By comparison, Rylee got a little scratch on her leg today and she could barely walk.  Plus she screamed bloody murder when I even suggested we take the bandaid off!
 
Snuffleupagus
It looks like Jace has his first cold.  I've thought he was coming down with something before, but then nothing really materialized.  Today he's been sneezing and his nose has been running (that's a definite first).  He was also running a fever tonight, but that could be the result of his shots too.  Hopefully he'll be on the mend by the holiday.  :)
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jess said...

Could be teething too. So hard to tell the difference bewteen immunizations, virus, and teething. It's all just guess work.

He's a cutie! And, no baby loves the rice cereal. Bring on the fruit and orange veggies!