Monday, December 10, 2012

First Word!

A few weeks ago, Jace started saying something that resembled "Dada."  First it was mixed in with a string of his other babble-y sounds, but then it was its own stand alone sound.  I was hesitant to call it his first "word" since he was using it pretty randomly. 

Well tonight, he kept saying it over and over and he was either looking at Jon or trying to get his attention so I'm officially declaring it his first word!  :)

I've been working with him on "Mama" but when he tries he mostly just sticks his tongue out in an attempt to imitate the "m" sound.  Dang those tricky soft consonants!

3 comments:

Jess said...

An early talker! Good for him!

Jenny said...

He has motivation. If he doesn't start soon big sister won't ever let him get a word in! ; )

I'm so bummed that I won't get to see y'all tonight. Have fun!

Erin said...

Yay Jace!