Jon made Rylee a special birthday present this year: her very own redneck waterslide!
Here they are during a test run in the planning stages
(very redneck with Jon holding the slide in the air!)...
Giving her Dad a high five after he cleaned up the slide
(which he salvaged from a neighbor's trash) and built the platform and stairs...
More high-tech than redneck at this point, painted and
complete with running water shooting down the slide...
Whee!
Thanks Jon, this slide is awesome! It's perfect for kids and sturdy enough for adults (although a little narrow in the hip area). I manage okay, but Jon has to turn a little sideways at the top. The Froyd family stopped over on Saturday after Monster Jam so Miller and Mason got the chance to try it out as well. Interesting side note: Mason at 2 was totally fine with skinny dipping. Miller at 5 wouldn't even let us see him in his skivvies. He swam in his shorts and then borrowed a pair of Jon's (which we had to clothespin on) while his were in the dryer.
I can't wait to get the rest of our crew over here to test it out as well. I'm thinking $5 admission per person is reasonable, right? :)

1 comment:
It's a great slide. I need to lose a couple inches off my hips before I give it a try. LOL!
Yeah, Mason was totally carefree but Miller was very self conscious. Weirdo. It's not like he had dirty or old undies. They were brand new and bright Capt. America ones. Oh well. Yet another item to bring up in front of a future girlfriend (for both kids).
Post a Comment