The second illness caused her to miss her class field trip to the farm (and her first ride on a school bus). She was so disappointed. It seemed like a typical Monday morning. She got up, had breakfast, for ready for school etc. When I went to fix her hair though she felt a little hot. She had a a slight fever so I told her she'd have to stay home from school. I was helping Jace at the time so I wasn't really watching her... I just saw her flop down onto the carpet in he bedroom. I scolded her for being dramatic and then we walked into the living room to deliver the bad news to Jon as he was going to have to stay home with her.
Jon and I were standing facing each other and Rylee was in the middle looking at me when all of a sudden she fell backward, straight like a chopped tree... Timber!, and landed at Jon's feet. She had fainted in the bedroom and here too! We were lucky she didn't crack her head on the tile floor.
Jon took her to the ER and met them there after I split up my class at school. Thankfully all the tests came back normal.
She was (and is) such a good patient. She even helped with her blood draw. The guy let her attach the vials and everything. :)
She needed a follow up with a cardiologist and had to wear a heart monitor for a day, but those tests came back normal too.
The worst part of that was pulling off the tape the next day. She had marks on her chest and stomach the whole two weeks of swimming lessons. But she was still a trooper about it. She and Jon did it together.
The good news is she hasn't had any more fainting spells so we're chalking it up to some weird virus. Scared the crap out of us though!
The third time she was sick with a stomach bug and missed a friend's birthday party and we had to cancel a dinner party we were hosting the next night.
Rylee and I think there was a fourth time too, but we can't remember. Anyway, she's hoping for better timed illnesses next year- if there is such a thing! Lol!
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment