Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Misc...

Rushed for time so I will just ramble off a few misc things from the past couple of days:

1) Being pregnant comes in quite handy when teaching. The kids are very willing to be calm and quiet if you say it's for the baby! (They also ask sweetly if they can hug the baby. Or as one girl put it, "I don't want to smoosh the baby, I'll hug you on your side." Aaaah)

2) Stupid, waste of time, high risk doctor appointment = $300 bill to be paid. Not sure I'll be keeping that 20 week checkup...

3) Letter of intent for my employment plans next year due to my school by Friday. Crap! What are my intentions??? Is independently wealthy lottery winner an option?

4) Over 1000 pages invested in a trilogy of novels and the ending makes me cringe. Technically I haven't read the last 20 pages. I was so cranky, I stopped, briefly thumbed through the pages making sure this wasn't a false ending, and haven't picked up the book since. Once I have calmed myself, I will go back, finish it, and make peace with the author's decision.

5) Jon's home. Gotta run!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the triology you are reading?

Jess said...

1000 pages isn't too bad of an investment, but at the same time, a bad ending is a bad ending.

Stephenie Meyer better be able to DELIVER in her 4th book in Septmber.

Carol said...

Your little kids are sweet! You gotta be kidding for the Dr. bill - maybe you should send in your payment with a note stating just that! I hate that when a really good story ends up with a bad ending. The movie Premonition made me feel that way as did the book Cold Mountain.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Libba Bray's third book The Sweet Far Thing. The others were A Great & Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. (I keep a list on my blog, down the side towards the bottom, of books I'm reading in case you're ever curious.) If anyone else has read it, I'd be interested in knowing their thoughts!