I "outed" myself to my kids about my pregnancy today. It was the second time a particularly observant girl asked, "are you pregnant, Mrs. P?" and I decided to just come clean. They were soooo excited.
- They wanted to know if it is a boy or a girl. I said it was too early to know.
- They wanted to know about names. I said we didn't have one yet and one little boy said he liked Ralphie. What do you think?
- They wanted to know if they could buy me a shower gift. I said it was too early again. They thought I didn't know what baby showers were so one girl tried to enlighten me. She said, "baby showers are when people come and buy the baby all kinds of gifts even though the baby isn't there." Pretty good explanation. :)
- They wanted to know if they could bring me their old baby clothes.
- They wanted to know if I was going to have a doctor take it out. I thought that sounded like a pretty good idea to me.
And best of all, they were on their extra sweetest, quietest behavior. We'll see how long that lasts!
3 comments:
That's probably a better approach than the one I like to take with coworkers which is "Yep, I'm knocked up. No, it's not yours." Just kidding! Kids have a 6th sense for knowing things are different. It's probably nice to have that one out in the open.
"Ralphie" is only good if you're going to buy him a BB gun.
Kids are perceptive, aren't they?
Post a Comment