Rylee had her 18 month checkup yesterday. It went really well.
Stats:
Height - 33 inches (83rd percentile)
Weight - 23 lbs 6 oz (35th percentile)
This is her first weight gain since all of her "intestinal issues" began back in Nov. so I'm guessing the specialist will continue her on the lactose-free diet (we see him in early April).
I'm glad we've switched back to the female pediatrician. Rylee is much more comfortable with her. She has a little wariness around "guys." Whenever she hears big trucks (which always make Rio bark), she runs over to someone for protection from the "guys." I know she doesn't like when Rio barks her "alarm bark" like that... and I guess I always tell Rio to settle down because it's just the UPS "guy" or Fed Ex "guy"... so apparently now all "guys" are scary. Just one of the ways I've accidentally scarred Rylee for life. :)
**She also has a fear of grass which I may be partially responsible for. The little hoover vac always picks up every little speck of something that she finds both inside the house and outside on the pool deck. When it happens inside, I always tell her it's "garbage" and then we throw it away. (FYI: She calls all garbage "diapers" for some messed up logical association that I think is adorable! Toilet paper is sometimes "diaper" too.) Anyway... when it was happening outside I was always nervous she would try to put the stuff in her mouth and who knows what dead thing/excrement it was. I would tell her "icky" and then throw it in the grass so she wouldn't find it again. After a while I noticed that she would point at the grass and say "icky." Oops! She will not walk on grass in her bare feet and will only marginally walk on it in her shoes. In my defense, Florida "grass" is bizarre so maybe she would never have liked it regardless.
***She does have other foot texture issues like the sand thing which I am not taking the blame for since we have no sand around here and I have made no comments pro or con about sand. Then again maybe I am to blame... I personally hate the sand so maybe it's a genetic thing?! :)
Got off on a tangent there, sorry... all in all it was a great appt. She didn't cry during the exam and only had a couple quick tears during her shots. I was impressed.
Have a great weekend everyone!
2 comments:
Just read something in "Parents" about toddlers taking issue with grass and sand and the like. It's just a bit different surface. She'll grow out of it.
I like the woman doctor too...
Post a Comment