Saturday, April 16, 2011

Comings & Goings

We had a busy week with family coming and going.

Going:
My Mom left for MN on Tuesday and Rylee has yet to fully forgive her. Rylee kept warning my Mom that she didn't want her to go and that "she needed her" so I guess we shouldn't have been surprised. She wouldn't hug my Mom goodbye at the airport and for several days kept zipping her lips and throwing away the key every time my Mom called! Rylee did say she loved her today and blew her a few kisses over the phone so hopefully she's getting over it. (My Mom thinks Rylee got the grudge-holding part of her personality from her so I guess she only has herself to blame!)

Coming:
On Wednesday night, my Mom's cousins were in town (my second cousins I guess, but they feel more like an Aunt and Uncle). They stopped over for a quick visit and some pizza before heading over to Naples. Rylee was absolutely cookoo. They don't have grandkids yet so I'm sure they're not used to naughty toddler behavior. It wasn't exactly the impression we would have liked to make! :)

Last night my Aunt, Kathleen, and my cousins, Ian & Lillian, were in town. They came over for some pool time and dinner. Lucky for them, Rylee was a perfect angel! Rylee loves Lil, always has, so she was beyond excited to see her and play with her last night. And since it's Lil's birthday in a couple of days, Rylee and I made her cupcakes. There's nothing Rylee likes more than cupcakes, "fire" (candles) and singing "Happy Birthday" so she was doubly excited. We let her stay up later than normal and then let Lil help put her to bed. I'm pretty sure Rylee fell asleep with a smile on her face last night (and she slept in past 7:30 this morning so we had no complaints there). The best news is that they will be able to see us on the back end of their trip too. They'll be in town next Saturday night and we're even planning an Easter brunch with them before they leave on Sunday. It's an unexpected Easter treat to have family on the holiday.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is nice that you'll have family in town for the holiday!

I suppose your mom went back just in time for more snow, huh? I don't know about Crosby, but I heard most parts of MN got snow over the weekend. Blech!