Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Morning

I knew Rylee would want to look for her Easter baskets (yes baskets, there were three) as soon as she got up so Jon and I met her upstairs with her chocolate milk and got her dressed. Once downstairs, she was very enthusiastic about hunting down her baskets. She was tip-toeing around and putting her hands up in a bunny hop pose. It would have been a cute picture, but Jon had the video camera and I was pulling up the rear (literally) with the digital camera. I did think this rear end shot of her looking under the couch was pretty funny though. :)

 


She found the small basket first. It had a cute cupcake trinket box and a cupcake necklace inside. Though she likes the necklace, she loves the box! She's been carrying that little cupcake around and sleeping with it too. Here is she finding the medium basket under the dining room table. There were flip flops and sunglasses in this basket. You'll notice in the next photo that the sunglasses were a big hit as well.

 


She found her big basket last and although it was filled with stickers, tattoos, candy and books - she really only had eyes for Ariel. This bath time fun Ariel is what she asked the Easter Bunny for so she was very excited to see that he had received her message!

 
Posted by Picasa


I have a couple more Easter posts to compose, but I have to interject one funny Rylee story. Something about the Easter Bunny's fur reminded Rylee of Santa Claus.

Rylee: I can't kiss Santa Claus.

Me: Why? Because of his beard?

Rylee: Ya.

Me: You can't kiss people with beards?

Rylee: No! That's ridiculous! (If only you could have heard the tone of her voice when she scolded me. Priceless.)