Yesterday, Rylee and I went to an Easter egg hunt/ potluck with our Mommies group. I think we hid eggs for Rylee on past Easters, but she doesn't remember it (I'm a little fuzzy on it myself). Let's just say she was very excited to give it a try. Here she is waiting for the hunt to begin with basket in hand.
Most of the kiddos in our Mommy group are a little to a lot younger than Rylee so hiding the eggs consisted of just placing them out in the grass. They had us all line up on the sidewalk and then begin. I was impressed that Rylee ran out ahead of me in her excitement. (I must admit that I do have a picture from two seconds later when she was looking over her shoulder to find me!)
"Finding" her first bunch of eggs. :)
All the eggs were filled with tattoos, stickers and fruit snacks so Rylee was able to keep all her loot. She was very excited about that until... the Easter Bunny came. She barely liked him from this distance. When I tried to walk her up close she said, "he has a beard." We all know how Rylee feels about facial hair! (Are there any clean shaven holiday icons?)
One funny Rylee story: She really wanted to get into the kiddie pool, but by the time we made our way over their after lunch it was pretty crowded (a tiny 4 foot wading pool with about 8 kids in it). She patiently waited for people to leave and then braved it's murky, grass filled waters when there was just her and another boy. She seemed to be handling it okay until... the boy splashed her. She stood up, got the most indignant look on her face and said, "I'm going home to play in my pool. Mommy, let's go." Everyone standing around burst out laughing. She is such a drama queen!

3 comments:
That's ok, the Easter Bunny isn't that cute. Miller's afraid of Big Bird at Sesame Street in Busch Gardens...must be something about bigger than life non-talking cartoon animals.
Like Miller, Norah was terrified of Big Bird at Sesame Street too. I bet she'd feel similar about the Easter Bunny. Fine from a distance, but up close? No thanks!
Her pigtails are far cuter than any Easter Bunny! So adorable!
The Easter Egg hunt we are planning of going to tomorrow advertises the "World's Largest Easter Bunny." This has me more than a little concerned aboud what Caitlin will think!
Post a Comment