Anyway, back to the tiny apartment. This is the apartment that I lived in when I was first born up until age 4 (it's located above my Dad's insurance agency). My parents have done an amazing job fixing it up cute (new walls, new bathroom, new windows, new siding, new roof, new deck). I really do love staying here, but there are two things I desperately miss: a dishwasher and a bathtub.
Nothing we can do about the dishwasher except take turns. The bathtub is really only needed for Rylee and we've come up with an easy solution for that. Behold the white trash bath: a large rubbermade tub. :)
I struggled a bit with the slipperiness of the bottom on her first couple baths. I tried lining the bottom with that grippy shelf liner. It would have worked perfectly except that it floats! Then, at the dollar store, I happened across a rubber mat that you use for your sink. It had suction cups on the bottom and everything. Just like for the bath, but miniature. Voila! It works perfect.
3 comments:
She seems to love her tub! Sounds like a perfect solution! :)
Rylee seems pretty happy in there.. I think she's digging her new bath surroundings!
I thought I'd seen it all when I lived in Arkansas...
Just kidding! What a happy little girl!
Post a Comment