Friday, June 12, 2009

You Know You're Getting Older When...

The other day one of my Dad's clients dropped off an envelope for me. When I opened it, I could see that it was a newspaper clipping.

Oh, I thought, isn't that nice. Someone clipped out Rylee's birth announcement from the local newspaper.

But then my eyes focused in on the fine print:

15 years ago...
Wednesday, May 4, 1994
Shannon Rinde, daughter of John and Connie Rinde, was named valedictorian for the 1994 senior class at C-I High School.

Oh my!

You know you're getting older when your name starts popping up in the "15 years ago today" column of your local newspaper!

4 comments:

Jess said...

More than a commentary on your age, I think this is a funny commentary on what's "newsworthy" in a small town paper :)

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

That's sweet! As Jess said, only in a small town would they a) print that and b) know where you live so they can deliever it to you! Ah, I would much rather live in a small town... Congratulations Shannon! :)

Crissy Rae said...

Oh yes, these are the small town ways aren't they. My hometown does the same thing except ours are 10, 20 and 30 year marks. Congrats on making it in the paper and not even living in the same state anymore!