Rylee is like a human vacuum cleaner. She crawls all over looking for the minutest speck of something to put in her mouth. She always manages to pick it up too - dang her impressive pincher skills!
Yesterday, Rio was eating a dog biscuit and Rylee reached in to grab some of the crumbs...or so I thought. Upon second look, I could tell that it was a rather large chunk and she still had it in her cheek pouch. I managed to sweep it out, but she almost ate the little nubbin part of the milkbone. (I'm sure at some point she will!)
Rylee is also an impressive beggar. When you eat, she wants to eat - plain and simple. Jon came home for lunch yesterday and was eating a sandwich on the couch. Rylee was practically crawling into his lap and she had her little mouth open like a baby bird waiting for a worm.
Jon turned to me and asked: "Are we feeding Rylee tablescraps?" I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Don't you love how we relate all our parenting to dog training techniques! :)
*Rylee had a great 10 month checkup yesterday.
Height: 29 inches (85 percentile)
Weight: 20 lbs 6 oz (65 percentile)
She also impressed the Doc with her receptive language skills (ie understanding what we adults are saying).
Taller and thinner (no woman can complain about that) and smart to boot - she does a mama proud! :)
5 comments:
Aren't those check-ins fun! They sure know how to make a parent proud. Good stats Rylee!
Hurray for Rylee! We always new she'd be a smart little cookie!
Yay Rylee! That's right, scrouge and charm baby!
Sounds like a great check up!
Tall and thin...what a blessing!
Post a Comment