We're finally to the day that I've been excited to blog about (especially since this isn't really even a recap - I didn't have time to blog about it before we left MN) - Rylee's baptism: 7-7-09!
Jon and I wanted to have Rylee baptized at Immanuel Lutheran, the church that both our families belong to and where Jon and I were married (10 years ago Sept 11th - gasp!). We arranged to have a simple private ceremony on Tuesday morning. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was blown away. It was truly beautiful and moving.
The church made this banner for us with her name and date to commemorate her baptism.
They also made this faith chest for her to keep her spiritual items. You can see they also gave her a handmade baby blanket and a baptism medallion.
Rylee was great during the ceremony and barely even fussed when Pastor Paul poured the water on her head (more from the awkward leaned back position than the water itself and it couldn't even be considered as crying really.)
Here is a photo with her Godmother Heather (my "sister" from the Johnston clan) and her Godfather Anthony (Jon's brother-in-law):
Afterwards we all gathered back at the resort (Cabin 10 aka the big house) for a picnic and more pontoon rides. Later after everyone left, my parents, Jon & I roasted dogs over the open fire and made s'mores (the only other MN food worth mentioning that I also ate at least once a week while I was home!). It was a blessed day!

3 comments:
Sounds like the church gave the event a lot of special attention! And Rylee looked very pretty in her dress!
But, what is that giant pole in the middle of you guys in that last pic? I even clicked on it to enlarge it to try and decipher it, but I have no clue what it is. Is it a flag pole of some sort?
Ah, that would be a giant unity-type candle (or whatever they call it when it is a baptism ceremony). That's about as tall as it is, but due to our poor photography skillz it didn't make the top of the picture. They lit Rylee's little "baptism" candle from that "unity" candle. :)
I feel bad about the fact I never fed you anything but the hot dogs the whole 6 weeks. Now I heard even H. National dogs aren't good for you.
Post a Comment