Saturday, July 11, 2009

Juan's Lawn Service

Jon bought a new lawn mower today. His old one crapped out when he was mowing the lawn before he left for MN (he actually had to run his way through part of it in order to get it done). He wanted to repair it, but I suggested that he had gotten his moneys worth out of that $150 piece of machinery over the last 10 years. Then I strongly suggested he buy a self-propelled mower this time around. He took me up on the offer.

He's outside right now mowing with a big grin on his face. I yelled outside to ask him how he liked the new mower and he expressed his affection in a way that is not appropriate for me to repeat here in blogland. Let's just say it translates to: he loves it and wonders why he put up with that other hunk of junk that long.

Okay, he just came inside practically skipping with excitement and said:
"It mowed the grass so fast that I set it up, mowed the lawn, and I've only drank this much of my beer [pointing to about 1/3] - and it's still cold! I want to do it again. I might go mow Dave's lawn. Blog that!"

Best part is: he still "looks like the type." :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Glad he got to upgrade!

Carol said...

Good for him! And GREAT idea on your part!

Crissy Rae said...

Isn't it cute how excited they can get about their outside chores! Good for him to have a new "toy" to play with..and it's one that does some good, too.

Jenny said...

I love the "Blog that!" comment. Too funny!