So I thought I wouldn't be able to post much the week we were in Alabama, but it was actually after we got back that things really got busy. My 10 year old cousin, Lilly, was in town visiting and since she can stay up a lot later than Rylee, I didn't get my usual nightly blogging time in.
We did have a lot of fun though in a "disastrous" sort of way. This was Lilly's word to describe her trip! It's too long to explain, but there was "drama."
Here's the cliff notes version of our week:
Fri - park, pool time, dinner & a movie ("The Bounty Hunter"), followed by late night viewing of "Twilight"
Sat - pool time, playtime & dinner with Miller and the Froyd's, followed by DVD release viewing of "New Moon" (Angel hurts her leg and needs to be confined - disaster #1)
Sun - ocean (unbelievable wind, sandblasting, and waves drives us off the beach in less than 10 minutes - disaster #2) lunch at the "swings," more pool time
Mon - rainy day forces us inside (disaster #3), solitaire, cheap theater viewing of "The Blind Side" (Angel has bad reaction to her shots - disaster #4)
Tues - (too much vacationing?) I was sick out of both ends all day and Lilly got sun stroke and was pretty pathetic herself (disaster #5)
Wed - back to MN for Lilly, patheticness continues for me
I'm feeling somewhat better today. I made it out this morning to take the guys to the airport, took Rylee to the park, and even attended my book club. I should have skipped dessert though - my stomach is a little off now. Oops. Hopefully sleep will cure what ails me this time. Better hit the hay as they say...
I had to post this alternate version of the pic above. Rylee looks so "talk to the hand-y." :)

2 comments:
So cute. The picture looks like more fun than they had!
I had a spring break like that last year...fun but not quite what I'd hoped for! I hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment