Yesterday Rylee and I had opposing view points about whether or not she should try to go down the slide standing up. I won by walking over and making her sit down. In true teenage (toddler) fashion, she mumbled something underneath her breath when I walked away.
I was pretty sure what the word was, but I couldn't help asking: "what did you just say?"
"Mean," she answered. "Mean, mean, mean." (I'm not exaggerating - she repeated it three times!)
At the time, I burst out laughing. I hadn't even realized she knew that word (though we do tell her "don't be mean to the dogs" so I guess that's where she heard it). Afterwards it made me kind of nervous. Obviously there are many times ahead when she's gonna think I'm being mean... and I like to be liked... loved even! Man, parenting is rough!
I felt a little better today though when I received a funny email about moms. You've probably read it. It's the one where little kids use their own words to describe moms. Check out this one...
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
...I figure four dabs of mean isn't too bad, right?! :)
4 comments:
Love and concern for a loved one's safety makes all moms a bit mean.
Something my mom used to say to me every time I got disciplined was "I'm doing this because I love you"; I never understood her until I was an adult.
No sliding standing up, boy you are mean.
My answer to this is usually "yup, I'm the meanest mom in the whole world because I won't let you break your neck. Get over it!"
I can take it from my students, but you are right...it will be different coming from my daughter. Thankfully I have a little more time there!
I think this is halarious!
Post a Comment