Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Birds

Last night when Rylee was playing on the deck, I happened to look down through the slats of wood directly into a bird's nest. The amazing part was that baby birds were in the process of being born.




As you can see, one bird had hatched and two more were in the process of coming out. We quickly went inside (after I snapped the above photo) so as not to disturb the process.

I couldn't help sneaking another peek and photo today. Three of the eggs hatched. I'm assuming the other egg is a dud and not just a late bloomer, but I know nothing about bird hatching so this is just a guess.




I've seen the mama robin out and about so hopefully she'll take good care of her little ones. I'm growing a bit attached to the goofy birds.

The only down side is that I feel like we can't be on the deck for fear of interfering with the whole process. And poor Rylee loves the deck!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: