Saturday, May 7, 2011

Last Minute Fun

Since Rylee and I are down to our last few days before leaving for our MN summer, we are cramming in as many fun activities as possible (for both her and I).

Wednesday night, I snuck out at her bedtime to see "Water for Elephants" with some gal pals (Olivia and Dominique). I thought it was very good. I have a hard time watching movies I really loved as books though, I'm constantly comparing instead of just sitting back and enjoying.

Thursday, Rylee had her third theater experience for 2011 -she's very cultured for 2 1/2. My Mom took her to the previous performances (The Crayon Court and Knuffle Bunny). Thursday's play was Butterfly Lifecycle or something like that. The show was educational, musical and funny. Rylee liked it. I was very distracted by the puppeteers in their black outfits and black hoods... not because they were scary, but because we were in the front row and I could see every rip in their costumes... and most were in their butt or groin area... I kept waiting for a wardrobe malfunction!

After the play, we met Karen and Baby James for a Cinco de Mayo lunch. Both kids were excellent, not noisy or disruptive at all. We had a corner booth so we were out of the way, but some guy kind of gave me the stink eye when he was leaving. Not sure what was up with that. It's not like we were guzzling midday margaritas - we both had water!

Friday night, we went to a Seis de Mayo party at my neighbors house. Rylee played in the pool, ate some rice and black beans, and performed a little hula dance for the ladies in the kitchen. I ran across and put her to bed around 8:30 and then Jon sacrificed and stayed home so I could partake in the festivities longer. I only lasted until about 10:30 (I'm not used to staying up late anymore), but it was fun to have another night out.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like a fun week!