Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just Checking In

It was an interesting travel day on Thursday. Rylee was fantastic, but she got the poops. :) I changed one poopy diaper right before we boarded (of course no changing table in the bathroom next to our gate). Then she had two more on the plane. Again, no changing table on the plane! Is that even legal? :)

You may remember that when Rylee was a baby I changed her diaper on the toilet seat of the plane. Well I was forced to try that again. It was a little harder considering she's two feet taller now! One time there was turbulence too. Let's just say I almost ended up with poop on my pants. :)

Anywhoo, Rylee was great and all the people around us really liked her. She yelled, "here we go everybody" on takeoff and everybody laughed. She also got her first set of wings. She kept saying she was the captain.

The cutest thing was when we got to baggage claim. We were one of the last ones to get there so it wasn't busy. Rylee saw my mom and screamed "Gaga!" She took off running and threw herself into my mom's arms. It was like a scene out of a movie. So sweet. It makes me want to go away for a while just so I could get a reception like that!

We've already started visiting. On Friday we went to see my cousin's new baby and today we went to Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Chip's house. We can't do much else as it's been rainy and cold since we got here. I'm already missing the sunshine state in that respect. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad the flight went well, despite the poops!