Friday, May 27, 2011

Ryleeisms

I didn't get the chance to post these Ryleeisms before we left for MN so these are a few weeks old.

- Rylee is getting in touch with her inner feelings lately. One day when I was upset with her for something and sent her to the naughty spot, she looked at me and screamed: "Frustration!" It was kind of bratty, but still hilarious. Plus it was what she was feeling (what we were both feeling actually)!

- Rylee has been in a polite phase lately (thank goodness something counteracts the brattiness). While we were eating at Chick-Fil-A one day, she kept asking the people in the drive through lane (which was right outside our table window), "Do you want to join us?" We had no takers (shocker).

- Later that same day, out of desperation I handed Rylee my leftover, watered-down lemonade. She took one sip, made an eww face and then recovered with, "No thank you. Thanks for offering."

- One of her new made up words is "bednight" as in "it's not bednight time yet?" I don't know why, but I think that is adorable. I never correct her mistakes anymore. She figures it out for herself so fast and I enjoy the mixups.

- Okay, last one. I was carrying her one day and I gave her a raspberry type kiss on the cheek. She laughed and said, "you're blowing me off!" :)