Gaga and I took Rylee to her first non-animated movie yesterday: Dolphin Tale (it was at the cheap theater). Rylee was very excited to go a "big girl" movie and she came prepared too: popcorn, skittles, gummies, water, sweater, blankie, pillow and most importantly, her sparkly pink dolphin (that Jon bought her on his Atlanta trip back in August).
We asked for a booster seat at the theater (for some reason I've never thought of asking before) and between that and the pillow, she was pretty comfortable. The first half of the movie she was occupied eating her snacks. Then she sat quietly, took a bathroom break and decided she wanted to stand for the remainder of the show. Even so, she was really well behaved and quiet.
The few times she made noise it was too cute to get mad at her. When the dolphin finally started liking his prosthetic tale, Rylee yelled out: "he's getting the hang of it!" Also in the end of the movie there is a swimming race and all the people in the stands are clapping and cheering. To Rylee it was like it was happening live. She was standing, clapping and saying, "Go Kyle!" It was adorable (and not too loud to really disturb anyone anyway).
I wasn't sure how much of the movie she would actually grasp. She knew that the dolphin was injured and that it needed a new tale etc, but I was surprised when she told Jon that with the new tale the dolphin could swim "up and down, up and down." This was important because the side to side swimming motion the dolphin made without the tale was causing damage to its spine.
For those who haven't seen it, the movie was really sweet. Of course I had to cry through about half of it for various happy and sad reasons, but I'm a sucker for those "based on a true story" motivational stories. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment