Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crazy Dayz

The last couple of days have been C-R-A-Z-Y. Not only have I been super busy... but Rylee's been super cranky (I think her "toofers" are starting to bother her)... and all my toast has been landing peanut butter side down. (Ya know what I mean? Those days where nothing goes smoothly, everything takes twice as long as it should, and you just need a drink at the end of it!)

For instance, let's recap Sunday:

I thought it would be fun for Jon to come with Rylee and I to the park. Now she was perfectly happy swinging in the shade in our own backyard, but Jon never gets to take her out places so I thought, hey let's go! We had fun, but we had to drive to two parks before I found one that had the kiddie swings in the shade. (Keeping track of the shade is like my new lunar calendar. I can now tell you what park has shade for every hour of the day!)

Then after Rylee ate her breakfast, she barfed (motion sickness from all the swinging perhaps?). This is only like the 3rd time in her little life that she's puked so I know I shouldn't be complaining.

That wasn't all: then I broke something, spilled something, I can't even remember it all. Oh yeah, Rylee "ate" some paper (after the puking so that wasn't the cause & Daddy found it stuffed in her cheek pouch hours later) and peed while I was changing her diaper - twice! And a friend of a friend called while Rylee was having a meltdown and screamed through the entire conversation. I'm sure I made a great first impression!

*Okay, I must appeal to all you parents out there for advice: Rylee has started going psycho lately with regard to food. You would think that I am starving her the way she carries on when I start prepping food or her formula. Mind you, two seconds earlier she was perfectly happy and playing, but the minute you walk into that kitchen - watch out! What is this? She's never been "tantrum-y" before. What do I do besides ignore it and prep all food while she's locked in the closet. (Just kidding on that last one... I think...)

My bad mojo continued yesterday too. I took Rylee to Publix to grocery shop and she was kinda fussy so I had to rush through everything. I forgot have the stuff we needed and learned to never shop at the grocery store at 8am on Monday morning. The produce section was a wasteland, I didn't even bother. (I'll add that to my mommy lunar ("lunatic!") calendar too.)

Then I hit Every.Single.Red.Light.On.Sunrise.Blvd. Aaaargh!

It went on, but I'm getting depressed just reliving it. Thankfully, I'm taking the night off and going out with some girlfriends tonight and I have a couple of fun day things planned the rest of the week. Let's just hope the sun and moon are aligned or whatever brings me some good luck...

8 comments:

Jess said...

Teething seems to bring out the monster in babies; it's rough have those toofers come in.

Hopefully, the rest of your week goes smoothly!

And I think, but don't know for certain (ask the Froyds), that the entire park at Welleby, on 44th, is covered. So I believe you have consistent shade there all day long.

Rachel O'Donnell said...

Maybe your string of bad luck is over now - gettin' it out of the way all at once!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Both places we went are covered, but you've got to work the sun angle. At the first place (by Pete's) you obviously have to wait till after 9am otherwise the sun is too low. Welleby is where we ended up, they had "early shade." :)

mom2ET said...

Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets. It is like baby crack. Teething crankiness goes away and then they crash. We had 10 hours of teething in the car on the way to Montana. Some hippy in Bozeman recommended these when we went to get some tylenol. She was the best 1 year old in the entire world after a couple of these. We have found them at most walmarts.

The Hylands arnica for sore muscles is great too. I have been using that based on a recomendation from one of our doc that is an OB and has a degree in eastern homeopathic medicine.

Maybe she needs a few appetizers while you are making dinner. Try letting her play with some veggies she likes.

Carol said...

I know those days well!!! Sorry! Hugs! Glad you have a chance to get out with the girls and relax and breathe! Hope the rest of the week goes better! :)

Ryan said...

1. Do not go to the park at 9 a.m. next to Pete's. I has nasty, nasty mosquitos early in the morning. You would think you were in Minnesota.

2. From what the DC teachers have told me the Terrible 2's start early. Sometimes as early as 8 months. The worst child they ever had was a foul 11 month old girl, that conitinued to be worse. It was 10 years ago and they still talk about it.

3. Teething is a bitch for both the child and the parent. I have witnessed miracles at 2 in the morning once whiskey was rubbed on the gums.

Erin said...

Ryan summed that one up well. Those "made for baby" teething solutions don't work half as well as a little whiskey on the gums. It may sound bad but we have resorted to it 3 times. Twice were in the middle of the night and once was after a LONG day of pure drama.

To go along with those toofers, you will probably discover a cold. They put everything in their mouth to soothe the pain and end up snotty.

The food thing-Miller's the same way. Happy/wall/terrible. We do snacks or if you feed her out of the food jars or she sees you grab them-change your routine. Miller would go bonkers at DC over other kid's baby food if he saw the jars come out.

After all this, it gets better and then starts with the next round of teeth. We are battling the molars right now. Maybe we need a "teething parent's night out." Who's left to babysit?

MN Mom said...

Sounds like you got a lot of good advice! Honestly, I do think Ryan's whiskey advice could be the homerun! I got W on my gums and you got it on yours...
I also think homeopathic tablets would be a good idea. (can't give her whiskey all day) I know your Doctor said NO but Doctor's never like alturnitive meds...and as the Chiropractor cured my carpel tunnel without surgery...I believe.
Also remember your Doctor didn't want to give Rylee the soy formula either! Need I say more.