Friday, August 7, 2009

Everything Rylee

Biscuits & More
Rylee recently discovered those big teething biscuits that you gnaw on and gum up in your mouth. Loves them! I gave her one the other day and when Jon walked by, he did a double take. He asked me what it was and when I told him, he looked at me kinda funny and said: "is it food?" "Uh yeah," I replied. "Oh, I thought it looked like a dog chew." :)

Speaking of food that doesn't look to be of the edible variety, I made Rylee a veggie dog the other day. It looked like the unfortunate offspring of a burnt sienna crayon and some modeling clay - truly creepy stuff. I wasn't brave enough to try it, but Rylee seemed to enjoy it. I just can't decide whose questionable origins and nutritional value are worse - regular hot dogs or those impostors? I shudder to think...

Button Pusher
Rylee loves to push buttons (mine included, haha!). Every time I put her in the crib, I hear her playing with the musical crib toy. She turns it on and off, on and off... about a gazillion times (maybe like 20, but still!). She also has a ton of musical toys that keeping starting over when you push the button. For instance, her new walker-rocket says "Let's speed it up," but since she just pushes the button over and over, I hear: let's, llllll, let's, llllll, leee, let's. It sounds like she's working the turn tables. I'm thinking of calling her DJ Baby Ryles.

Fine Print
I love reading the fine print on products. I recently bought Rylee some bigger sippy cups and they had a 100% spill proof guarantee on the box. I was scanning through the little instruction sheet to make sure there wasn't something important I needed to know and I stumbled upon this gem of information: Keep the cup positioned upright for 100% spill proof guarantee. No sh*t, Sherlock! Thanks for the tip! :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

I have some chews for Rylee. Miller didn't use them and they are individually wrapped and ready. I will deliver either this weekend or send with Ryan to work for Jon to cart home.

mom2ET said...

I would question a veggie hotdog. Now broccoli cheese nuggets, those things are great.

The most important phrase you can learn as a mother is "the batteries must be dead." Then make sure you remove the batteries.

Jess said...

We have some Greenies if Rylee would like to chew on those and freshen her breath! Kidding, Scooter wouldn't part with his Greenies.

MN Mom said...

I am glad you got the teething biscuits I looked at them when we were buying the puffs but you said she was too young (the doctor must have told you that! haha) You liked them too and would knaw on them like a dog bone.

Veggie hot dogs seem horrible what about turkey? Or Soy???

Musical toys...remember when I was going to take out the batterys...forgot...so when Dad was putting them away I heard music...Oh well.

Don't you just love the fine print...keep upright? Yea cause a baby will do that if told? Dah...

Rima and Kevin said...

Joey loved the veggie dogs for quite a long time, but now won't get near them. They are the weirdest consistency of any food-like product.