I was MIA (again) due to some technical difficulties with my "Flintstone's" computer. I really hope I can upgrade to a "Jetson's" computer by the year end.
Looking back at my last post, I was wondering "what tomorrow would bring." FYI: Thursday brought the discovery that my sub account had somehow gone inactive. Since they couldn't tell me what was wrong, I had to go into work on Friday as a "volunteer." It looks like everything is squared away now and I will get paid for last week, but really - what is with me lately? Anyone know any good anti-curses or god-sacrifices (preferably that don't involve blood - I tend to be on the squeamish side)? If so, let me know...
I hope to get caught up on blog reading tomorrow (before I head into what surely will be a crazy first week of school). As for tonight, it's past my bedtime. Goodnight!
5 comments:
Maybe at the end of all this craziness they will screw something up in your favor (like extra payroll, 401K contribution, an all expense paid trip to somewhere fun, etc.). :)
If it makes you feel any better, a couple of years ago a bunch of us got called into a meeting at the beginning of school with HR. We thought we were getting bonuses. They told us that they calculated our 12 month pay wrong and we OWED THEM money. We were given the choice of writing them a check or getting it taken from our pay. Fun times!
I hope the first week goes well for you! Take care!
I find that listening to the Mama Mia soundtrack wards off bad mojo. Take a chance on me is a good song for chanting let it be a good day.
I'm pretty sure that HR does not stand for Human Resources rather Horrendous Retribution. Hope it all works out. I'm going to go sacrifice something for you. I'm not squeamish at all.
A chicken sacrifice is definitely in order. The gods will accept a baked chikcen as a suitable substitute.
The universe likes you just fine...it's the working world of computer cliches that has your life in a tizzy.
Post a Comment