Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beachy Sunday

We've had an uncharacteristically cold winter this year (I know, you northerners are groaning at my calling 50 degree weather "winter"... but it has been weirdly cold!). This weekend we finally had a return to sunshine and perfect temps. What did we do? Go to the beach!

This is only Rylee's third visit to the ocean (I'm actually not a huge fan of the beach in all honesty) so she wasn't all that stoked when we hopped in the car. But she knew we were going outside and that she loves (as evidenced by her new fondness for wearing hats and sunglasses).
 


It was beautiful outside. We didn't plan to swim - the water temps are too cold and there were jellyfish all over the sand (a sight that doesn't make me want to dive into the surf), but we did walk the pier and take in the coastal landscape. Bonus: the pier didn't even stink today. :)
 


We walked the beach (or shall I say dodged the jellyfish) and then went to a little park (which was probably the highlight of the trip for Rylee). I would elaborate, but Rylee just woke up from her nap so mommy duty calls. All in all, a fun adventure.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Crissy Rae said...

Rylee looks so cute with her hat and sunglasses! Sounds like you guys had a great little adventure.

MN Mom said...

So adorable.

Jess said...

It really was a perfect day out today! A great day for beachin'.

Jenny said...

I love the picture of you and Rylee. Precious!